Saturday, February 27, 2010

We are taking a weekend.

Bob was getting tired of traveling and sightseeing, so we are doing nothing today. We went into town and bought some stuff that we need to make a few small repairs. We have spent some time thinking about where to go next. Mostly we have just relaxed. This is a very nice campground and pretty quiet. It went down to 25 degrees last night, but it is up to 65 now. The sun was shining but there are now clouds coming in. The weather has not been kind to us on this trek.

So I have spent some time thinking about my reaction to this trip so far. First, it is great to be with my husband and just talking and experiencing things together. We have seen some wonderful sights and have met some very nice people. It is a nice way to spend some time. The trip so far has made me think about what is important to me. I am finding that I do not particularly want to see the things in the cities. Mostly I want to see the landscape. I don't know if that will be true as we get further east, but it certainly is true for here.

I am also finding that I am relaxing and just enjoying life. Several times I have found myself impatient about something and was able to talk myself into letting things be and waiting. It is life changing for me if I can do this. Right now Bob is caulking the sink so that it won't leak into the cupboard below and I am getting ready to wash some windows. Then I think a whole bunch of reading is in order. Maybe I will also take a walk. Nice to have a weekend. Thanks for the suggestion Stef.

3 comments:

  1. Maureen -- I don't know which direction you're planning to go next, but if you're heading north at all, consider visiting Black Mesa Winery. It is owned by friends of mine - Lynda & Jerry Burd. It is about 100 miles north of Albequrque, I think.

    Website: www.blackmesawinery.com
    "Black Mesa Winery is located in scenic northern New Mexico on the main highway between Santa Fe and Taos (El Camino Real). The historic setting serves as a backdrop for revitalization of the major New Mexican Wineries and Vineyards. Lynda and Jerry"

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeay! time to chill and relax! Can a woman of the Rubins-clan actually do it? I can't wait to see! (get it, I'm impatient to see if you can be chill and patient. hehehe)

    Enjoy the time. You deserve it!
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deborah, thanks for the recommendation. we are not going north in New Mexico. Too cold and windy right now. Friday night it was 25 degrees. We are heading south. Would love to hear any other recommendations that you may have. We are now in Texas.

    ReplyDelete