Tuesday, March 22, 2011

An adventure - if you think of it that way.

Sunday morning here was nice but chilly. I went for a long walk with the group from here and we went into a small mine. Lovely. As the day wore on it got windier and windier. It got more and more cloudy. I knew this was the desert but I smelled rain. We were going to go into town to buy groceries but the wind was blowing so hard that Bob did not want to leave the trailer. (I asked him what might happen and he was not sure. Nor was he sure what he could do if he were here when it happened. He just did not want to leave.) the winds were averaging 25 mph with gusts up to 40 or 50. The trailer was rocking back and forth.

I brought inside everything that could be harmed if it got wet - thinking all the time This is the Desert!!! At about 4 pm it started to rain. then it started to pur. Neither of us could concentrate on reading so we played cribbage. then we played Scrabble. Then we watched a good Clint Eastwood movie. The wind was blowing really hard and the rain was coming down in torrents. We usually go to be at about 9:30. But we were too nervous to sleep. finally it started calming down a little by 11. We got in bed and were really rocked to sleep. we got up in the morning and, the only thing that was ruined was our dining tent (yes, the brand new one that we bought earlier this week). We knew it was happening, but it was blowing too hard for us to go out and take it down. Bob thinks that maybe he can fix it. Maybe.

It was cloudy and rainy all day yesterday. We did drive into town and had a nice Thai lunch and got groceries. It was too cold to do anything outside (and this coming from two Oregonians - what wimps). We did inside things again. This morning it was cold when I got up - 39 degrees. I did not want to walk and did not want to do my exercises behind the trailer. so I went into the visitor lounge and did them here. People kept coming in and staring. But I got them done.

As I sit here typing the sun is out. There are some cottony clouds over the mountains, but none overhead. Maybe it will be a nice warm day. Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment