Sunday, March 13, 2011

We are into a routine.

The weather here is getting better every day. It is in the mid 80's during the day and in the 50's at night. I have been doing my exercises every morning - either a DVD or a one hour walk. the walk that I found has a steep downhill at the 1.5 mile mark. I get to the bottom and turn around and walk back up. It is quite a workoout and I feel really good when i do it. I do my DVD with my laptop on a small table, set up in the shade of the trailer (because it is already too hot by 7 am if I am in the sun.

The placer is OK, but they have not done real maintenance in many many years so it is getting run down. There is only one shower for our area, but it is a nice one, so that is not a problem except on weekends when there are more people here.

We are not doing much. We have found a good one mile walk around the perimeter of the place. It is pretty flat. For the last two days Bob has walked the loop twice a day. It seems to help me. He is much less congested here and is very happy that he is able to breathe better.

We took out the scooters one day and went about 10 miles. But it was really windy and a little tough. We decided to wait until the winds die down before we try it again. Today we are going to Borrego Springs (about 40 miles away) to check out the "historic town" and have lunch at what is purported to be a very good Mexican restaurant.

Nice to be so relaxed. I did not even realize that today was the first day of daylight savings time. We have a thermometer and clock that is automatic and readjusted itself this morning. Bob accused the clock of being wrong. Then we looked at the calendar and realized that it was right. So we reset all the other clocks.

We have heard about the earthquake and the tsunami in Japan. It is just terrrible and I have been coming to the visitor lounge here several times a day. They have CNN on 24/7 so I do get updates. It is very frightening. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment