Monday, March 14, 2011

A day of travel

The campground was a little busier over the weekend, with lots of kids and families. By yesterday morning they were starting to pull out. Bob and I decided to go on a small trip. We drove to the small town of Borrego Springs. Our campground hostess told us that there was a great mexican restaurant there. So I put that info in my gps and we started looking. There were two mexican restaurants. We went to the first and it was just a hole in the wall - looked like take out. So I plugged in the second one. We followed the directions very carefully and wound up in a very fancy looking and expensive looking golf resort. We kept following the directions. We kept going around in circles. I couldn't turn off the gps because we could figure out how to get out. I finally plugged in the name of another town and the gps led us out. Whew! so we decided to just drive and look. We found the other one, plus a coupld of steak houses. We went to the second one. It was not that great at all. Bob and I still maintain that the best Mexican food that we have ever had was in Silver City New Mexico. Yum.

We did a little touristing and then took off. We had heard about another campground called Fountain of Youth and both of wanted to go see it. We found it easily on the other side of the Salton Sea. The spaces were very small and not very scenic. But the place was very well kept with lots of amenities and LOTS of activities. It reminded me of the activities on a cruise ship - going on all the time. It was not a lot more expensive than what we are paying here. It would have on site wifi, instead of having to go to the visitor lounge - and I bet they don't close their visitor lounge at 6 pm. It also has cell phone reception. The downside is that it is pretty hilly and that there would not be a good 4 or 5 mile walk for me. Or a one miler for Bob. We will think about it for next year.

By the time we got back to Butterfield, the place was almost empty. I had forgotten about daylight savings time and had to plead with the owner not to closse the visitor lounge so that I could check my email. But he agreed and I was able to do so.

This morning started cloudy so it will be cooler. I am using this opportunity to do laundry and maybe clean the trailer a bit. Tomorrow we will probably go to Agua Cliente and spend some time in the spa. Ahhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment