Monday, June 21, 2010

An interesting day

Neither of us slept well last night. As I tried to sleep I tried all of the tricks that I could think of. One was to go through in my mind the entire trip. I could remember most of the places, particularly the ones that we had stayed at for longer periods. But there were some where i could remember that we had stayed, but could not remember exactly where it was and how long we stayed. I am very glad that we have kept track of where we stayed each night on our calendar.

We slept late this morning and got a late start. We wanted to do some driving around the area, but we had some chores to do. The sway bar that we wrecked yesterday had to be replaced. We drove to the RV parts house in town and they wanted $170 for a part that we had paid less than $50 for. So we left and drove to the Camping World store that was about 60 miles away. In order to get there we had to drive through West Branch Michigan. We had lived in that town 40 years ago when I got pregnant with my daughter. We lived right on the main street in town. So when we drove through we looked to see if the house was still there. It was! It had been seriously remodeled and looked much better than I remembered, but it was there. It brought back a lot of memories and Bob and I spent quite a bit of time talking about life then and the changes that we have both experienced. How interesting.

We did get the part for $42 at Camping World, which made the trip very worthwhile. By the time we got back and filled the gas tank and did grocery shopping, it was almost 4 pm. We spent about an hour at the lovely heated pool, then sat and enjoyed the serenity of the spot. Nice night.

1 comment:

  1. I still can't believe you didn't take a snapshot of the house i was conceived in!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete