Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New trailer!!!

Well, Bob and I are getting ready to say goodbye to Fanny (our trailer). We did find a new trailer to buy that met all of our needs. Actually, it did not initially meet them all, but the dealer is making modifications so that it does meet all of our needs. The price was more reasonable than I thought - so we did it. The new trailer (I think we will name it Fanny Too) is a Dutchmen Sport model. It is the smallest one they make - 18 feet long. That makes it four feet longer than Fanny. We will have sleeping room for at least 6 - a double bed, a bunk bed, a sofa bed and a dinette that turns into a double bed. The dinette can be up all the time and that will prevent (or at least reduce the risk of) another coffee accident. It will also make it easier for Bob and I to be inside when the weather is bad or we are camping in a place where we cannot be outside (like rest areas). In addition, it has a lot of very nice amenities - it is amazing how much difference four feet makes. We will have a bathroom with a separate shower (Fanny's shower is right over the toilet - Fanny Too has a small bathtub with a shower in it.) We will have an oven and a microwave. We will also have a double sink. One big issue for us was storage space. Fanny Too has quite a bit of storage space. The issues that are being modified are - they are putting a bike rack on the back, they are putting a gas connection on the outside so that we can continue to be able to cook outside. Lastly, they are putting a window in right next to our bed - the bed was in the back and essentially had no outside view. I would feel like I was sleeping in a cave and would not like it. So they are putting in a window.

The dealership has spaces in the back of their lot where folks who are buying a new trailer can transfer from one trailer to another. It is free. That is where we are right now. It is a concrete pad with full hookup. We will get delivery of Fanny Too on Thursday morning. We have a lot of things that we want to do, like put up hooks and build some additional shelves. Anyone who saw the inside of Fanny knows how much modification we did on Fanny. There will not be that much, but we still need to make it fit our needs. We spent the day today shopping for the appropriate things we will need. We were both exhausted after a full day of shopping.

When we get Fanny Too delivered I will take pictures and post them. It is most interesting to see Fanny here on this lot next to some really HUGE trailers. I will miss having such a small trailer, but even an 18 footer is not very big.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. how exciting! can't wait to see pix!!

    Today I went to a breakfast presentation on redeveloping downtown schools (I guess that really means Lincoln). My former boss was supposed to speak but the next chick ended up there instead. that was a little weird. Interestingly, at the end, my colleagues' comments actually match my experience with her fairly well. All I would say is that I approach that particular person with some cynicism...

    Anyway, the boy-o is doing GREAT. He's just amazing. Aunti Shopping is coming this weekend, so it promises to be a fun-filled, busy weekend. Oh boy!

    Love you both and miss you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went online and looked up the 18' Dutchmen Sport so I know what it looks like inside. I just don't know what color it is in. I saw green and brown and rose colored. I guess I will have to wait for the pix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beige. I am too tired right now to take pictures. I plan on it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete