Thursday, April 15, 2010

We have decided to name her Honey.











She is so different from Fanny that Fanny Too did not seem appropriate. But she is a real honey and so Honey it is. Besides Hank and Honey do seem to go together. We spent the day dealing with details like paying for the trailer, taking care of licensing details, getting the bike rack put on, getting the stove rack put on, getting the equalizer hitch put on, and putting up many many hooks so that things are out of the way and in their place. It was another day that Bob and I were exhausted. Today Bob had to do much more of the work. Yesterday I took care of moving all the inside stuff and putting it away. Today Bob took care of the outside stuff like learning how to attach the new hitch, hooking up the outside stove, and stowing all of the outside stuff. More of our stuff will be in the trailer and less in the truck, so that will be nice.
This morning I took a shower in Honey. The shower is small but it works and I got clean. We probably will not use it when we are in parks with showers that are nice, but it will be a wonderful backup for those times when the showers are AWFUL. We also used the oven and made meatloaf and baked potatoes for dinner. The oven worked fine. (We have not yet used the microwave, but that will come.) It was particularly nice to have the dinette tonight because we have no picnic table here and we were so tired. However, the oven made it very hot inside the trailer so we actually used the air conditioner. Usually I am very opposed to air conditioners, but - again- we were so tired and Bob still had work to do while the meatloaf was baking. One of the nicest things for me is the double sink so that I can wash and rinse dishes all at the same time. (In Fanny I had to wash, then empty the tub or sink, and then rinse.) The dealership here has been fantastic. If anyone is ever in North Carolina and in the market for an RV, I would definitely recommend this place. They did everything they promised and did it immediately and with a smile.
We had so much to do to be ready that it was a good thing that there was a Lowe's hardware about a mile away. I think we made 10 different trips there in the last three days. We are on a first name basis with the cashiers. They are very nice but I do have a hard time understanding the very thick southern accent.
We are going to be heading out with Honey tomorrow morning. We will be slowly making our way to Washington DC, but I don't yet know how far we will go or where we will stop for the two nights. But we will get practice.

2 comments:

  1. wahoo!!! sounds great! It looks just like the pics on the websites I looked at except they had the bedroom window on the other wall. Just seeing Bob sitting at the table made me smile. Happy RVing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful, Mo! So glad you were able to find Honey, and work with a righteous vendor.

    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete