Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It was 72 degrees today.

We left Fredericksburg early this morning and drove to Austin. Bob commented that the scenery looked like California. I disagree. There were rolling hills, streams full of water and real trees. There were lots of ranches and lots of peach trees. There were also quite a few wineries. If we had stayed longer we would have gone wine tasting I think.

We are now 4 miles south of Austin Texas in a state campground called McKinney Falls. The weather was gorgeous. We have all of the stuff outside of the trailer that should be and so there is a lot more room inside the trailer. In response to Sunshine's comment from yesterday, I will try to take some more pictures of the inside and the outside of the trailer and email them to her tomorrow. We also pulled out the scooters for the first time since Agua Caliente. We rode around the park for a little and then came back and made dinner. We actually had dinner outside on the picnic table. That was nice.

Now that we are at lower altitudes Bob is breathing much better. That makes it possible for him to do a little more. We took a short walk after dinner and he did not even get tired. Yeah! We have not exercised much in the last few weeks because of where we were camped or the weather. Tomorrow I plan to pull out the weights and get some weight lifting done. Bob acts as if he does not want to do this, but I know that he really enjoys how much stronger it makes him feel, so I will be the nag.

Today was grandson's first birthday. So tonight we had a Skype date. I miss him so much. (I also miss daughter but she is not growing and changing every day and I know that she will still look the same when I get home, but grandson is changing so fast. At least with Skype I have some idea of how he is changing.)

Tomorrow on to Austin.

1 comment:

  1. *BOTH* of Baby Boy's first birthdays were a lot of fun. First the part (for us) on Saturday night was great. Then after our Skype date, we went to Red Robin. We gave him TWO balloons, which he thought was REALLY cool. He ate some mac & cheese and then... ICE CREAM! We only let him have a little, but he thought that was pretty dang cool.

    I'm heading up to visit Shade with him tomorrow. A little nervous about all the juggling - drives, dogs, cold in Shade's house, etc. But I think we'll have a grand adventure. Love you both! And even if I'll look the same when you get back, I sure do miss you!!

    ReplyDelete