Thursday, May 20, 2010

I like Burlington Vermont







If it were not for the horrible winters here I could live in Vermont. I see the same kind of lifestyle that I like. The people here are very active and physical. There is obviously a real appreciation of the outdoors. The government appears to be trying to serve the people. The people here feel real to me. This park that we are staying in is just wonderful. We have this marvelous view of the lake. We are just steps away from an awesome bike path that can go into the downtown or for miles around the lake. The park is well taken care of. Wow. But alas, they have really horrible winters here so I guess that I will stay in Oregon.

Today was another day in which we got up late and took our time. We got some chores done. We went on the scooters to get some groceries. We took a long bike ride. The weather was partly cloudy with temps in the upper 70's. We had a very few spinkles of rain but clear most of the time. We had a great campfire. It doesn't get much better than this. I am surpirised at how often we have days like this. We are just enjoying being in Vermont (or wherever we are at the moment).

One thing that Bob and I have noticed is that we are getting much better at taking down and putting up the scooters. That makes it much easier to think about using them. The folks in this campground are amazed when they see us ride by. One of the women asked me how long it took for me to learn to ride the scooter. When I told her less than two hours she did not believe me. I offered to let her try but she was not at all interested although she said that she would love to ride one. Hmm.

I am sitting here right now with the windows open in the trailer and listening to the symphony of crickets in the background. Bob is doing a crossword puzzle. I will read my book when I get this posted. Sometimes the simple life is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment