Saturday, May 15, 2010

Quiet days in upstate New York




Bob and I decided to just take it easy yesterday. I wanted to see if he felt better and it seemed that too much touristing was making him overly tired. So we just stayed here in the campground. As you can see it is beautiful. Yesterday was a good day to do this because the sun came out at about noon and it really warmed up. We even were able to sit outside for a while and enjoy the sun and the warmth. Bob used the time to do the prep on dinner for last night as well as for tonight. He really enjoyed that. So we had wonderful pot pies for dinner last night and will have chili tonight. This is good because the numbers on the scale were starting to creep up and we had to get back to eating good home made low fat low calorie food. The numbers this morning were better, but we still have a pound or two to go before I get back to where I want to be.
We also spent some time yesterday thinking and planning about where to go next. I finally have a plan. Lake Placid, then north across the top of the state to Vermont and down to the Shelburne museum (Have to go there because it was so highly recommended.) Then back down south through Vermont and into Massachsetts and across the state to Cape Cod. The rumors are that the weather is going to get somewhat better in about two weeks. So I made reservations for a week in Cape Cod at a campground right next to the National Seashore (I never knew that we had things like national seashores). Having a plan makes Bob feel much better. We are a couple of weeks behind where we thought we would be in the beginning of June but that is fine.
Today is chore day. I am doing laundry and Bob did his books. It always feels good to get the chores done. Then I want to go to one of the farmer's markets around here. Bob asked what I wanted at a farmer's market. I said that I just wanted to see people other than tourists for a change. Hopefully that will be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment