Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day









It was a very nice day. The day started with snow flurries this morning. Who woulda thought? But they ended quickly. It was still windy and cloudy and not a particularly nice day to be outside. So we decided to do inside stuff. We started by waiting for a Skype call with daughter and grandson. My goodness how he is growing. It is amazing the difference that three months makes. Oh how I miss him - and his parents also.

We then drove into Corning and went to the Museum of Glass. Fascinating. They did a really good job of showing how glass was created and how we have advanced in our use of glass. There was some really interesting modern stuff to add and some amazing demonstrations. I was surprised at how much we both enjoyed it.

We then took the shuttle to the Museum of Art of the American West. It was really a museum of Indian culture. Very interesting. I want to get some prints of some of Remington sketches of that we saw. They did not have them in the museum store. I will keep my eye open for them. I am always amazed when we find a museum that does not seem to fit. who would have thought there would be a Museum of the American West in Corning New York? There were a few paintings of the west as it was in the 19th century. One particular picture of a lake in the forest really struck me. It looked like some of the places that Bob and I regularly camp. I looked at it and realized that I really miss home. There are times when both of us think that we just want to go home. This is a long time to be away. But the exhibit was very interesting. It was not until we were waiting for the shuttle back to the parking lot that I realized that the front of the building had a buffalo breaking through the bricks. I loved it!
Tonight we had dinner at the local Italian restaurant. The food was delicious. This was only the 4th night for our waitress. She messed up Bob's order. (That seems to happen to him a lot. This waitress was so sweet. She must have apologized 10 times.) We got our desserts free and got Tiramisu. I am now so full that I can hardly move. We have decided to stay here at least one more day. Don't know where we are going after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment