Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Nice day




It rained during the night, but had stopped by the time we got up this morning. We took our time getting up. I took a good one hour walk and then Bob and I did our exercises. (We have not done them in over a week.) We ate slowly and relaxed and stayed here for lunch. By then, the sun was out and the sky was blue.

I did a little research on where to go next. We decided that Watkins Glen was where we wanted to go, but most of the parks are not open until this weekend. So we decided that we would stay here for a few more days. It is really nice and relaxing and quiet.

We drove down to Presque Isle State Park. We drove around the park and it looked so delightful. We drove back to our campsite and packed up the bikes and drove back. We then took a bike ride around the park for the rest of the day. There is a multi use path all around the area. I don't know how long it is, but we did about 7 or 8 miles and barely touched it. On one side is the Bay. (I tried to take pictures, but the sun was so bright that the pictures are really washed out. I included the best one but it is still pretty washed out. I will try a different setting tomorrow.) On the other side is Lake Erie. It really does look and feel like the ocean with waves and a beach, but these pictures were really washed out.
This is a really nice state park. It is well taken care of and is very user friendly with lots of parking places and easy accessibility. (We noticed that there is a campground right next to the state park. But the campsites are so close together that you could reach out from one window and touch the next trailer. I am glad that we are staying in a spot with much more room.)
Bob and I plan to go back to the park tomorrow and bike around the parts that we missed today because we got too tired. We will bring lunch and really make it a day.
Tonight is quiet and rest time because we are both a little tired from the bike ride and the day. Bar-b-q steaks for dinner - yum. Bob is really enjoying the fact that he is able to cook some now that the weather is nice and we are in a nice spot. Who can figure?
I am sitting here in Honey with the windows all open. I can see the sun is setting through one of the windows and I can hear the birds chirping away. It is really peaceful.

2 comments:

  1. I remember going to Watkins Glen to watch a race of all small cars (VW bugs, Hondas, etc.) back in the early 1970s. The thing I remember most clearly was that the tiny Honda kept going off the course and then using its turn signal to get back on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty day! You deserve some sun. :) April in Portland was a record-breaking month for rainfall, btw. So you're not missing nice weather here. Maybe May will be better.

    ReplyDelete